Thursday, March 21, 2013

Padlet Rocks!

Wallwisher was one of my favorite websites to use in my classroom. I used it for a quick exit slip, class discussions, vocabulary review, etcetera. It was quick and easy to use, easy to set up, and I could control the level of privacy for each board I created. 




This year Wallwisher became Padlet, and all sorts of fabulous changes have occurred since the name change! If you don't know about Padlet, here's a brief description from their site:


"We give you a blank wall. 
                                       You put anything you want on it, anywhere.
                                                            Simple, yet powerful." 


It really is that easy! With its updates, Padlet now lets you choose the format of the board, change the background patterns, privacy settings, and my new favorite - you can now export your boards! Check out the nifty Share and Export menu they've added.

You now have the option to share via social media, embed it on your website, or share via QR code. Once you have collected all of your responses, you could also print it, or export it as an image, PDF, Excel, or CSV file. Also, Padlet now updates in real time, so you no longer have to refresh your browser to see new posts from others. This website works on any device with internet access. 

To get started, go to www.padlet.com and sign up for your free account. 
Here's a Wallwisher/Padlet I had my teachers complete as an exit slip for a PD session. 


Let me know if you use Padlet in your classroom in the comments. I'd love to hear how others are using this wonderful tool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment